Our apologies to any interested students or parents that have visited our website recently. The majority of the information found on this webpage is currently out of date. Please be patient with us as we redesign and update all of our information. In the meantime here are some tidbits about us.
About Us :
IEEE stands for the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. Charger IEEE is one of two student chapters in the local Huntsville section. We are entirely student run, from our administrative roles to our projects and conference presence. Our goal as a club here at the University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH) is to grow our Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) student members into experienced engineers and desirable future hires. We take concepts learned in ECE degree programs and apply them to practical robotics projects, often then used to compete in conference competitions. In addition to this we provide a unique environment for our student members to build soft skills and develop a network of local working engineers.
As stated above, our club is student run. Many of our members strive to hold officer positions, as this is a key feature to any resume. All of our administrative requirements are fulfilled by elected officers in 4 main positions :
Chair : Elena Todorovska
Vice-Chair : Devon Eastin
Secretary : Maria Bartholomae
Treasurer : Campbell Dobbs
Contact Us :
We have one central email address that distributes to each of our very friendly officers. If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to show interest please send us an email at :
We also have a mailing list which we use to send out any updates on meetings, events, volunteer opportunities, and competitions. Use the quick and easy form below to add yourself to our list :
- How do I join? We’re an open student group, so all you need to do is attend one of our meetings and hopefully sign-up for our mailing list. Official IEEE membership requires registering online and paying a small yearly fee of $32. Registration for official membership can be completed here.
- When are your meetings? We meet monthly in the evenings, typically Monday or Thursday nights at 5:30pm.
- How much does it cost to join?
Membership is free for all UAH students. Official membership, required for competitions, has a $32 yearly due.
- Where do you meet? Meetings are held in our laboratory space in Engineering Building Room 141.
- Do I have to be an undergraduate student?
No, we accept graduate and undergraduate students of any major. We also welcome high school students, as we work closely with STEM projects and local high schools such as James Clemons and Bob Jones.
- Do I have to be an Electrical Engineering student?
No, the majority of our student members are ECE students but we accept students of any major.
- Who is the best person to contact?
Please use our official email address : email@example.com , as it will get you into contact with all of our officers. The person that can best help you or answer your question will respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for your patience!